Over the past years, LEAP Africa has partnered with Union Bank Nigeria, other corporate sponsors and development champions, to enable these young change makers transition their social change solutions into scalable social enterprises. Through a careful selection process, 40 highly motivated and young social innovators are chosen across a pool of applicants, to participate in activities outlined for the fellowship year.
Fellows are empowered through a series of training sessions (physical and online), mentorship, access to local & international funding and partnership opportunities, and importantly the opportunity to be a part of a global network of social change agents. These activities culminate into an award ceremony where outstanding Fellows are rewarded with a financial sustainability prize award and their work promoted on media platforms. The social ventures of the Fellows cover various aspects of the society, such as Agriculture, Youth Empowerment, Education, Science & Technology, Health, Law, Human Rights, among others.
The Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA), is an accelerator style fellowship that started in 2013 in order to bridge the gap between increased youth interest in social innovation, and the lack of essential skills and support to establish effective and sustainable initiatives such that could accelerate national transformation.
The Social Innovators Programme is LEAP’s platform for equipping, empowering and showcasing young changemakers with requisite skills and effective tools for building sustainable enterprises. With the support of Union Bank Nigeria and other corporate sponsors, have enabled these young changemakers transition their social change ideas into scalable social enterprises.
Who should Apply
We are seeking applications from budding social entrepreneurs who would be available and willing to participate in the various activities outlined for the fellowship year. The 2021/2022 fellowship cycle begins in November 2021 and ends November 2022.
An ideal SIP fellow should fit the profile outlined below:
- Young man or woman between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across their respective region.
- Applicants must be Initiators/Co-founders of a socially focused venture/enterprise and Foundation, located and registered English speaking parts of Africa.
- Applicants must have been involved in operating their ventures/ enterprise beyond 12 months prior to the time of this application.
- Applicants must be available to participate in the Fellowship activities including implementation of appropriate systems to sustain their innovation over the course of the fellowship year.
- Applicants must not be enrolled on more than one fellowship programme prior to the time of application.
All applicants must fill the application form and submit via the link provided below on or before